Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Guilt+Force=?

This can be continuation of yesterday’s post on ‘force’ primarily based scenes, originally triggered by this post by Stabbity. Reading those 1st will almost certainly aid this make more sense.

Force within a adult novelties scene can undoubtedly be incredibly hot. For one particular issue it suggests passion and emotion. As a submissive being on the receiving end of that is energizing. It’s difficult to be forceful towards one thing you’re indifferent about. Force inside a scene also brings in suggestions of objectification and manage. Loads of sex toys are about removing some element of manage, no matter if that’s more than motion, speech, sight or sphincter muscles. Force can be a further extension of that, removing the ability to control consent, albeit in a consensual non-consent form of way.

I get all those elements of force within a scene. The one related aspect that does puzzle me could be the notion of removing or shifting guilt. This came up in the comments to Stabbity’s post.

 I also feel that the use of force enables a sub who is ashamed of a particular desire to expertise it without having guilt. I see it most frequently in regard to forced bi scenarios. The sub wants it but doesn’t want to admit (either to other folks or to himself) that he wants it. So by passing off the responsibility towards the dom, he’s essentially absolutely free to indulge with no be concerned. - roo-roo

That is a view I’ve noticed expressed numerous instances in the past, and I've to say I do not get it. And I mean that in the ‘I personally don’t understand’ way, not within the ‘it’s wrong’ way. Can guilt be definitely shifted so quickly? Mixing the complicated feelings of a forced BDSM scene to a genuine sense of guilt sounds like a combustible emotional mix. If a traumatic childhood encounter having a Salvation Army lady had left me with fetish for stealing from charity collection boxes, I’d (hopefully) really feel pretty guilty about that. Would dragging a domme into my coin pilfering schemes make me feel any better? Can guilt be shared or even shifted like that? It seems such a reductive view of an emotion. Perhaps it is determined by someone’s capability to compartmentalize and obtain into their own stories and fantasies. Perhaps if I roleplayed in scenes I’d understand this improved.

As I said, it is not an unusual or uncommon view on force in scenes, but it does leave me scratching my head. Possibly the fact I’m not an emotional masochist may perhaps have a thing to perform with that. Whilst I ponder that, I’ll leave you with a different enjoyable piece of artwork, this by Kami Tora. Not really as overtly physical because the Stanton drawings from yesterday, nevertheless it does have some good hair pulling and forceful pegging.

No comments:

Post a Comment